- BE NICE
- NO LITTERING. This applies to on course, in the parking lot, and everywhere. Please pick up any garbage you see, no matter how small it is.
- Runners must race under their own name/registration. Runners who bandit the race by running under someone else’s name and registration will not only be disqualified, but you will also never be allowed to race any of our races ever again. We’re serious.
- If you drop out of the race, you must notify a race official and/or timing.
- Racers cannot stash support including nutrition, equipment, or any other gear or items on course prior to the race. We are providing an aid station and 50k and 50 milers will get to have a 2 gallon drop bag.
- Headphones are allowed but we discourage the use of them. We won’t tell you not to wear them, but your full awareness of your surroundings and your ability to communicate with everyone is important for everyone’s safety.
- Strollers, dogs, bikes, and other non-running items are not allowed.
- Racers cannot receive outside support on course during the race, except at designated aid stations.
- Racers must let faster runners pass when it’s safe for them to do so.
- Pacers are not allowed.
- Racers must stay on course. Cutting the course is not permitted and really lame.
- Be nice.
***Registration and transaction fees are nonrefundable, including in the event of extreme weather or cancellation. Registration is not transferable to another person or another event for any reason, including injury. Competing under another person’s name will result in disqualification. In the event of poor conditions, we are held to park rules and will try our best to provide an alternate course and gathering if possible. If it’s not possible, the event will be cancelled.***
For emergencies: DIAL 911
Ministry Sacred Heart Hospital
401 West Mohawk Drive
Tomahawk, WI 54487
Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center
601 S Center Ave,
Merrill, WI 54452
Aspirus Wausau Hospital
333 Pine Ridge Blvd,
Wausau, WI 54401
Hotels: Merrill and Tomahawk have several options to choose from and are the closest. Wausau offers several as well.
Camping: Camping is available on site and it is first come, first serve basis. This is primitive camping. There is a pit toilet, no electric hookups, and no running water. It’s quiet and convenient and a good option. Please note that there is a $10 daily camping fee.
The following are some links to give you information about the Underdown Recreation Area:
Lincoln County Website – http://www.co.lincoln.wi.us/services/u/?service=19fe1b63b3bb
Thunderdown in the Underdown Blog – http://thunderdown12.blogspot.com/ [This is kept up by Chris Schotz, who is responsible for the trails existing the way they do now. It’s an awesome resource and we all owe Chris a huge virtual round of applause]
LOST & FOUND
Any lost items found after the race will be donated. Please check before you leave the venue.
IF YOU DNF
If you need to stop the race for any reason, you need to notify timing. If you quit and leave the course without notifying the race, we will not let you attend again. We take the safety of everyone very seriously and don’t want to leave anyone out on course in bad shape.